Create a paper mache frog
Need a place to store your frogwatch observations or other important loot? What better than a frog-shaped bin just for that? Let’s get hopping!
Note there are two versions of this craft. The paper mache version is geared toward children 7+ to make on their own or kids 3+ can make it with help. An easier version without paper mache is great for younger children.
What you’ll need:
- laundry detergent box of any size. Make sure it has a flip top lid
- paper mache (1 part flour to 4 parts water... bring to a boil while stirring. Take off stove and add 1 part really cold water and stir again (to cool it off so you can use it right away).
- masking tape
- green paint for the body
- white paint for the eyes
- black marker or paint to draw eyeballs
- construction paper or poster board
- sand paper
- heavy duty scissors (ask an adult for help)
Instead of using paper mache, cover the box with green constructions paper and use egg carton cups for the eyes.